Our onsite, sub-acute, 24-hour Detoxification Facility offers a safe environment in which women seeking addiction recovery services may first undergo withdrawal from drugs and/or alcohol.
The detoxification process is the first critical step in preparing participants for a smooth transition into our residential treatment program or, if suitable, outpatient treatment, and for establishing a personal program of long−term sobriety based on 12-step philosophy.
At intake, all participants are assessed by our highly skilled team of detox technicians and certified drug and alcohol counselors. Once cleared as medically stable, able to follow basic directions and facility policies, and perform self−care (washing, eating and standing), participants will receive drug and/or alcohol detox and recovery counseling and 24/7 observation.
This process will include:
- Frequent breath check using face-to-face observation
- Frequent heart and blood pressure monitoring
- Monitoring of physician-prescribed medication(s) as needed for management of withdrawal symptoms
- Daily counselor-facilitated group and individual sessions designed to address participant concerns and lay a foundation for long-term sobriety
- Establishment of a comprehensive plan for recovery and treatment and preparation for transition to a residential and/or outpatient program
Upon completion of our detoxification program at Casa de las Amigas, which may involve 48-72 hours of care or longer, participants will be encouraged to enter into our residential treatment facility for a minimum stay of 30 days and up to 90 days, as needed, or enroll in our outpatient program.